Saturday, January 10, 2009

Daily Douchebaggery

I don't think I can honestly call Mrs. Palin a douchebag. I mean, she's a governor and a hard-working woman, and all. How about a douchebaggette? That will have to do.
In a recent interview with John Ziegler for his documentary "How Obama Got Elected"( which I'm sure I'll rush out to see, since I-and the rest of the world-wasn't paying attention the first time), she has the nerve to complain that the media wasn't fair to her in the lead up to the election, since she was only after the second most important position in the US government. Despite her avoidance of the media, softball interviews, and her frightening lack of knowledge about how our own government works, sure, they were unfair to her. No one accused Biden of hunting moose from a helicopter or being a sexy hockey-mom. Gee, I sure hope not. Sarah sealed her own fate, in my opinion, when she failed to explain the details of the job she was hoping to be elected to. I could care less that she was a creationist, an abstinence-approving mother of a teenage, unmarried, pregnant daughter, that she turned her town into a haven for box- and chain-stores under her Mayoral tenure, and that she was married to a secessionist; none of this really matters if she could competently do her job to the best of the ability for the betterment of the nation, but tie and again she proved that she could not. Do I wish her any particular harm? No. Am I glad that she isn't going to be my next VP? You betcha!

No comments: