Saturday, February 7, 2009

Less Death on Wheels Pt. 2

It appears my indignant ranting may be having some type of osmotic effect on the internets, seeping down into the hate-mail strewn in-boxes of our state legislators. There is a bill in the works that would ban texting while driving, a move that is years behind the times. California passed a similar bill last year, and went into effect at the beginning of this one. It seems that our law-makers were able to pull their collective heads out of their hindquarters long enough to catch a hint of a problem far more serious than private clubs and visible liquor mixing in restaurants. I seriously hope that this gets passed, and if it does, I promise right here that I will actually obey this law, not only so I can feel a sense of smug superiority over those that don't and the ones who get busted. Oh, the unbridled self-satisfaction I'll feel if I see those bars light up behind some inconsiderate text-er weaving on the freeway. I'm getting a little excited just thinking about it now. Let's all hope that this becomes law, and not too far in the future. Seriously, our roads are dangerous enough as it is.

No comments: